16 May, 2009

My Top List of My Favourite Perfumes


CITIZEN QUEEN

First, a striking and elusive allure.
Suddenly, the wind blows and a fragrance is surrounding me.
Smells like roses, floral, sandlewood ?

Like they said, the scent is described as a "chypre aldehyde with animalic notes"

Long story-short, POWDER POWDER POWDER.
Thats what attracted me the most.
In fact it reminds me of Opium by Yves Saint Laurent but
with more of the spices though.


Its certainly one of my favourite.
Oh and I love the box ;)

..............................................................................




FANCY

When I first heard of the aromas featured in Jessica Simpson`s perfume, Fancy, i suddenly had the urge to buy it.
Apricot, pear,toated almonds, caramel. My teeth started aching just thinking about it.
I never thought it would smell as good as I thought it would be. It`s a good first-date fragrance ;)
If you love sweet, warm blends, Jessica`s perfume is worth a sniff. Even though it`s too vanilla for me ( take that either way you like) it`s pleasant and long-lasting.




.......................................................................



MAGNIFIQUE

I will start by admitting that I'm not a huge fan of the Lancôme fragrance line. Offhand, I can't think of a single scent in their current range that I've any interest in wearing .

Hypnôse, their last major launch for women, did not appeal to me at all. The name Magnifique- I never thought about it at first. I didn`t even wanted to smell it. But you know, it was worth it after all.
And the notes (saffron essence, cumin, Bulgarian rose, Mai de Grasse rose, jasmine, sandalwood, nagarmota and vetiver) sounded intriguing.
A quick sniff on a card a few weeks ago was interesting, and impressed me much more than the Ralph Lauren Notorious which I was trying at the same time.
Magnifique starts with your standard sharp citrus opening, and the spices take a few minutes to warm up. The lasting power is very good, but the spice notes fade after a couple of hours and then I find it a bit too bland.




1 comment:

F.S said...

i like your writing style!