11 September, 2009

Calm




I found this image and I find myself looking at it so much.
I love how still the water is, the grey overcast day, maybe it's early morning which is my favourite time of the day, and the house. Sitting on the bank of an inlet, it's white so it's trying not to blend in with the surroundings, but it is sitting away from any other house on the river.
Then I got to thinking that maybe I like the picture so much because the picture most probably is like my personality.

White: I try to be a little different in my thinking. I always strive not be a sheep and to always have my own thoughts and claim them, even when they are wrong.
House: I have never really had a close girlfriend. I have my mum and sister, but a person who is not related. Someone who really knows you. I have lots of beautiful friendships, but I never had that girlfriend I can call at all hours of the night and talk too. I think my shyness stops me at letting someone in.

The house sits alone. I always think people are split into two groups - one's that can't stand their own company and the one's that can. I like to craft and mosey about. I do keep to myself quite alot. I have always questioned if it is a bad thing or not?

Overcast: I love winter and foggy sky, and my quote has always been 'Love in Winter'. I do love those lovely sunny days, but misty and grey somehow says home to me. It's the comfort you build inside the walls, you keep your family warm and fed and shield them from the grey.
Morning: My favourite time of the day.
Water: I am sure the water in this river can get choppy on occasion, but most days it is calm, the same, always there, pushing up against the bank and feeding the plants. I try to be like the water for my family. Calm and comforting, the same, always there, pushing behind them and being encouraging and feeding their dreams.

No comments: